Monday 4 March 2013

2nd edit of "No Name Except The Name In My Head"


Fingers tap away on my heart
as if trying to create rhythm

I can't dance when your watching
or when I am sober. So I drink red wine

Moods change into a salsa
creating raw energy from our minds
intellectually moving me

to the floor where childish dreams
lie between my bruised thighs

and your biceps pin me down
assertively aching my insides

Facial muscles tense but lips tender
looking for saliva to heal cuts

Unqualified to service you with kisses
Everything is gone in my first aid box

But I never expected to find bird songs 
in the rough mines of your vocal cords




It's so hard to find steel toe capped boots 
that protect you these days

So I'll keep creating wishes for you
even if I have to blow them out

The light looks so free dancing
as if lost in the darkness of your eyes

In anticipation beautifully packaged boxes
are stroked but can't yet be opened

Make your wish
I'll borrow the one that's left over

I wish

You stop searching for heartache
and find what your looking for

because then you will find in yourself
what you most admire

No comments:

Post a Comment